Our Academic Circles
Students’ Academic Circle Resocialis (KNRS) was established in order to expand knowledge about resocialisation and to undertake various academic and practical activities. The creation of KNSR was proposed by the students of Ignatianum. The Circle’s supervisor is Dr Barbara Adamczyk.
The main objectives of the Circle Resocialis are:
- expanding knowledge and developing interests in the field of resocialisation,
- gaining experience through cooperation with resocialisation institutions,
- organization and participation in workshops, conferences and discussion panels,
- cooperation with other Academic Circles,
- popularising knowledge on resocialisation among the academic community and the whole society,
- cooperation with institutions and centres dealing with resocialisation,
- organizing conferences, discussion panels,
In order to properly accomplish the objectives presented above, we want to focus not only on academic reflection on resocialisation, but also confront the theory with practice at conferences and discussion panels, as well as work with organizations dealing with resocialisation.
Students’ Academic Circle Administrare was set up at the Institute of Political and Administrative Sciences at Ignatianum in November 2016. Its supervisor was Dr Mateusz Pękala from the Department of Public Policy and Administration.
The main objectives of the Administrare Students’ Academic Circle are:
- developing interests in the field of public administration
- organizing academic meetings and conferences
- conducting research
- integrating students
- promoting Ignatianum during academic conferences
The Circle is made up of a group of enthusiasts who, through intense development of their interests, wish to acquire experience from prominent personalities in the public administration, establish contacts with important milieus, and contribute to the promotion of the University.
KX Theatre, established within the framework of the Theatre Circle, is a student theater group. The supervisor of the Theatre is Professor Monika Rasiewicz – an actress, director and academic teacher. Under her supervision students from Ignatianum and from the Music Academy in Cracow, supported by a group of volunteers, have been preparing theater performances since November 2014.
The first performance staged by the KX Theatre was an adaptation of the drama “Tango” by Sławomir Mrożek. In 2016, during the Festival of Science, the Theatre performed William Shakespeare’s “Midsummer Night’s Dream”. Then, KX Theatre started a three-year project to stage Dante Alighieri’s “The Divine Comedy”, and its first part “Hell” was performed in May this year.
– PSYCHOLOGY AND PSYCHOSOMATICS SECTION
The Psychooncology and Psychosomatics Section was created at the initiative of the students of the Institute of Psychology at Ignatianum. Its supervisor is Dr Marcin Jabłoński.
We conduct academic research and organize workshops and conferences in the field of psychooncology and psychosomatics. Our objective is to pay special attention to the significance of this field of knowledge in everyday life and to show the importance of psychological help in treatment.
– CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY SECTION
The Section of Clinical Psychology (KNSP) was founded by psychology students in the academic year 2015/2016. The members of the section are characterised by positive energy, openness to new experiences and organizational talent. Academic aspects of the activity of the section are supervised by Dr Krzysztof Nowakowski.
The main objectives of the Section are::
- developing interests in the field of clinical psychology,
- integrating the students of Ignatianum,
- improving their practical skills.
These objectives are realized through:
- participation of the students (passive and active) in numerous open lectures and conferences,
- participation in workshops,
- visits in centers dealing with prevention, diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders.